heistedking at gmail dot com
- Birthday: 01.31.1983
- American home base: Just moved to San Francisco. Mill Valley, actually. It’s awesome.
- First year professional: 2006
- First year European professional: 2009
- Teams: 2002 Bath BikeMan, 2003-2005 Louis Garneau, 2005 U23 National Team, 2006-2007 Priority Health, 2008 Bissell, 2009-2010 Cervelo TestTeam, 2011-2012 Liquigas-Cannondale, 2013-2014 Cannondale Pro Cycling, 2015 Cannondale-Garmin
- First bikes: All Cannondale! Cannondale R500 CAAD 3 (road), Cannondale Super V 500 (mountain), Cannondale Cyclocross (cyclocross. Obviously)
- Education: Middlebury College, graduated 2005, economics
- Height: 189cm
- Weight: no longer my race weight of 74kg
- Family: An amazing mom and dad plus an awesome brother, Robbie
- Favorite food: Pumpkin rocks my world. Quick series of examples: pumpkin pie, baked pumpkin drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Try it pureed and used as the sauce to a pizza. Now that’s good.Plus maple syrup. Quick and simple and from a tree, the way life intended.
- 6th most winning racer in the entire pro peloton (that is, being in races where my teammate wins the race)
- Took home the title of Vermont 50 again
- USA Pro National Championships, 3rd
- 2011 BDiPC Road Race World Championships, Popularity
- Vermont 50
- Giro d’Italia, final GC 114th
- Vuelta a Castilla y Leon stage 1, 10th
- Housatonic Hills, 1st
- Green Mountain Stage Race stage 1, 1st
- Crusher of the Giro d’Italia (I use the word “crusher” to mean I finished the three week race in 111th while riding Carlos Sastre into 3rd)
- Vuelta a Burgos (Spain), Sprint jersey stage 2
- Michael Schott Memorial Marblehead Circuit Race, 1st
- Lake Auburn Road Race, 1st
- Boston Mayor’s Criterium, 4th… but if I were a bit smarter and raced again, I’d win.
- Ranked 2nd overall in North American individual standings. 1st American.
- Hanes Park Criterium, 1st
- Stage win, Joe Martin Stage Race
- Tour of the Hilltowns, 1st
- Tour of Georgia, KOM jersey, stage 4
- Fitchburg Cycling Classic GC, 3rd place.
More than just a bike rider
- Blink – Malcolm Gladwell
- Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
- Empire Falls – Richard Russo
- Hot, Flat, and Crowded – Thomas Friedman
- Pretty much anything by Bill Bryson
- The Road – Cormac McCarthy
- Aspen Extreme
- Blood Diamond
- Christmas Vacation
- The Departed
- Dumb and Dumber
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
- The Royal Tanenbaums
-Things to do:
- Put out the vibe.
- Cook. In particular, I like to bake. Some say that isn’t manly, but it’s a true man who can admit that. If you disagree, I’ll whip up an extraordinarily hot souffle and throw it in your face.
- Continue putting out the vibe.